WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO we COLLECT AND HOW?
We collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements or that will enable us to provide you with our goods and services. We may also collect information about you in order for you to register as a member, complete a travel profile, participate in a survey or promotion, ask a question or initiate a transaction on our website, over the phone, a mobile application or through a franchised agent.
For example, we may collect details such as your name, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, and details of your flight, hotel and car bookings and other travel details.
We collect your personal information directly from you in the course of providing a product or service or when you have other dealings with us. For example, your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our website, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking or subscribe to a service provided by us.
We may also collect your personal information from others who make a booking on your behalf. If you register for My Trips or My Account, we will also collect information such as the departure city from which you usually travel, your preferences for seat selection or special meals, details about your participation in loyalty or awards programs and applicable membership numbers and other travel preferences. We also collect any other information that you have elected to provide us, such as gender, activities and lifestyle preferences and favorite destinations.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with travel products and services;
- Consider your request for a product or service;
- Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you including information about our business partners' products and services
- Assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- Collect and process payments, though us or a third party;
- Perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- Analyze how our products and services (including any websites) are used;
- Personalize the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations; and
- Investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- Our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services.
- Third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- Third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as our call center operator and mailing house. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it;
- government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency; and
- Others where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
CROSS-BORDER DATA FLOWS
The third parties we disclose your personal information to (our suppliers, travel service providers, call center operator, website manager and data center providers) may be located overseas Ethiopia.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records. If you have registered on our website, we store your personal information (and any personal information of individuals for whom you have made reservations) in databases, email servers, My Trips and My Account. This includes storage of information (such as billing information) so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you book a product or service unless you tell us not to store it.
We will endeavor to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorized access of our servers and regularly review our security policies. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
The payment pages on this website are encrypted using the internationally accepted security system SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt all credit card payments over the web. This means that the information from these pages are sent back to our server in a secure fashion and adequately protected against known interception schemes.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to some exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, you can find out what personal information we hold about you. You can contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section to find out about the personal information we hold about you. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access. Depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge a reasonable fee for processing the request.However, we will not charge for the making of the request.
If you would like to correct or update any information we hold about you please contact our Privacy
WHAT ABOUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably expected. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical, beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record and health information.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER TRAVELERS
MARKETING AND PRIVACY
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners' products and services.
We may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our website, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that we deem inappropriate or in violation of our terms and conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details by contacting the company officer by any mode of communication. We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it. If necessary, we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, further communication until we resolve any complaints at a time.
CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer by using different methods: